Dominican Republic: Travel Guide
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti to the west. It\’s known for its beaches, resorts and golfing. Its terrain comprises rainforest, savannah and highlands, including Pico Duarte, the Caribbean’s tallest mountain. Dominican Republic is the second largest and most diverse Caribbean country, situated just two hours south of Miami, less than four hours from New York and eight hours from most European cities. Known for our warm and hospitable people, Dominican Republic is a destination like no other, featuring astounding nature, intriguing history and rich culture. Capital city Santo Domingo has Spanish landmarks.The DR is the only place in the world where Larimar, a rare form of blue pectolite, is mined. Pico Duarte is the highest peak in the Caribbean (3,098 meters).
Dominican Republic Places to Visit:
1. Bavaro Beach– White sand beach & resort area.
3. Playa Rincon– Long beach named one of the world\’s best.
4. Cayo Levantado– Tiny isle with a public & eateries.
5. Playa Macao– Tropical standby with surfing waves.
6. 27 Waterfalls– Wet excursion amid 27 waterfall.
7. The Three Eyes– Blue lagoons inside a limestone cave.
8. Scape Park– Adventurous & relaxed outdoor activites.
9. Ocean World Adventure Park– Ocean World Adventure Park, Puerto Plata is a tourist attraction in Dominican Republic.
10. Hoyo Azul– Clear blue watering hole for swimming.
11. Amber Cove– Lively pool area with a swim-up bar. Amber Cove is a cruise terminal in Puerto Plata Province in the Dominican Republic. The terminal includes lodging and retail stores.
12. Cascada Limon– Scenic waterfall & lush environment.
13. La Cana Golf Club– 27-hole course with Caribbean views.
14. Playa Fronton– Remote scenic beach with snorkeling.
15. Kite Beach– Kiteboarding-centric beach with lessons.
16. Calle El Conde– Pedestrian street lined with shops.
17. Dudú Lagoon / Laguna Dudú– Blue-green lagoon surrounded by cliffs.
18. Bavaro Adventure Park | Punta Cana Tours & Excursions– Paintball, zip-lining & other activities.
19. The Cable Car Puerto Plata– 1970s cable car with mountain views.
20. Marinarium Parks– Snorkeling among stingrays & sharks.
Fun Facts About The Dominican Republic:
-The Dominican Republic is the 86th most populous country in the world.
-It is located in the Caribbean.
-Santo Domingo is the capital city of the Dominican Republic.
-The official language of Dominican Republic is Spanish.
-Inhabitants of the country are called Dominicans.
Thanks for read it.
(Travel & Tourism Specialist)