Most people, to not say everyone, loves traveling or trying new things out of their comfort zone. It might be taking a flight and flying to a new country or dream destination, or just a mini road trip in your own town. Doesn’t matter which one you choose sometimes traveling can be expensive, but if you use the right tools you might be able to travel for “free”. That’s why in this post I’m going to share with you some credit cards you should use to achieve this main goal “free traveling”. But how does that work?
How to earn points with a credit card? In most cases, you earn credit card points by making specific purchases using your card. Many issuers offer different points rates for certain types of purchases. But you don’t want to apply to a regular credit card, if you want to earn points and redeem those points to travel you should apply to a reward credit card that you can use it in your daily basis so that way you can get the cash back.
One of my favorite credit cards to start using as a beginner is the SavorOne from Capital One. You can earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores, plus 1% on all other purchases. 1Earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases. Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
Some Of The Benefits Of This Card Are:
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. You won’t pay a transaction fee when making a purchase outside of the United States.
- Extended Warranty. You’ll get additional warranty protection at no charge on eligible items that are purchased with your credit card.
- Travel Accident Insurance. Get automatic insurance for a covered loss at no extra charge when you use your credit card to purchase your fare.
- Capital One Shopping. Capital One Shopping is an online shopping tool that automatically applies available coupon codes to your order. If you apply to this card and add the capital one shopping extensions to your browser you’ll get $10.00 if you use my invite link click here!
- 24-hour Travel Assistance Services. If your credit card is lost or stolen, you can get an emergency replacement card and a cash advance.
- Capital One Travel. Get our best prices on thousands of trip options—even after you book. Plus, pay flexibly with your rewards, a card or both.
But what are the benefits of using a travel credit card? Travel credit cards work just like any other rewards credit card, though they tend to reward cardholders more for making travel-related purchases than anything else. Plus, the points or miles that travel credit cards provide are usually worth more when redeemed for travel, compared to other redemption methods.It is also worth noting that travel credit cards commonly offer features such as travel insurance, no foreign transaction fee, airport lounge access, and reimbursement for TSA PreCheck/Global Entry application fees.
Some Of The Best Travel Credit Cards For Beginners Are:
- Chase Sapphire Preffered Card
- Capital One Venture Reward
- Citi Premier Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
- American Express Gold Card (this one is not for beginners but it’s a really good one after you learn how to travel for free with credit cards).
So take advantage of your credit cards and start using them to travel for free. If you have some questions, would like to work together, or needs help to find good travel deals get in touch with me here!!! It’ll be my pleasure to help you.
(Travel & Tourism Specialist)